Monday, August 5, 2013

Thunder Rose: A Creative Reader's Response

+JMJ

So we are reading Thunder Rose. (Reading Street)



It's a great tall tale story with so many elements. Well, I wanted my 5th graders responding in a more creative way. They will actually make the boot below with a brown paper bag, and write different story elements, identify verbs, describe the character and more. The options are pretty endless! Below is a video on how to make the boot (so easy!) and all you have to do is let your kiddos create, fill in the information and have fun while learning! They will present their boots at the end!


I love ideas that are easy to implement and don't cost a dime! I'm in a year round school now and having a BLAST! Summer may have come to an end early, but I'm LOVING it! My students are amazing and our classroom family has started out GREAT! I am one thankful and grateful teacher!!

Happy Teaching!

No comments: